Whether you’re trying to eat less meat or are just a big fan of everything cauliflower (pizza! gnocchi! fried rice!) these easy buffalo cauliflower “wings” are sure to impress.
They can be be VEGAN!
There aren’t any eggs in this batter, but there is still milk. Don’t worry, you can still make it vegan. Simply substitute almond milk. And, of course skip the ranch.
To make them extra crispy, turn on the broiler.
Roasting the battered wings in the oven will crisp the edges. But, like many good wings, once the cauli is tossed in the sauce, you lose some of the crunch. To regain crispiness, turn on your broiler. Return the buffalo-d wings to the baking sheets and broil until the sauce is sticky and caramelized.
Ranch dressing is our favorite dipping sauce of all time. We even love to make our own! But calories can add up fast. (Let’s face it, everyone double dips.) When we’re trying to be a little healthier, we like to make this Whole30 Ranch Dressing. It uses egg yolks, light olive oil, TONS of herbs, and almond milk.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. hot sauce (such as Franks)
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- Celery sticks, for serving (optional)
- This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site.
- GET INGREDIENTS Powered by Chicory
- Preheat oven to 450° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Make batter: In a medium bowl, whisk flour, milk, and garlic powder until combined. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Dredge cauliflower in batter until evenly coated. Shake off excess batter and transfer to prepared baking sheets. Bake until the cauliflower is crispy and golden around edges, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile make buffalo sauce. In a large bowl, whisk together hot sauce and melted butter. Toss baked cauliflower “wings” in sauce before serving.
- Serve with ranch dressing and celery sticks, if desired.
You can read full here: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a49855/cauliflower-wings-recipe/